VOLUNTEER USHERS (CASUAL)
Revelstoke Performing Arts Centre is currently seeking dedicated volunteers to join our front of house team to create a safe welcoming environment for our patrons. Our ushers will be responsible for providing customer care and ensuring the safety of our audiences throughout the show. Applicants must be aged 14 or over and an interest in performing arts and experience of customer service is desirable.
or 250 814 7386.
At Revelstoke Performing Arts Centre, we are constantly striving to maintain a friendly and welcoming atmosphere for our patrons while also making sure that their safety is a priority. Volunteer ushers will work alongside the Host during the show shift and will be located inside the auditorium during the performance to ensure that health and safety and licensing regulations are met. The role requires ushers to work during evenings, weekends and matinees.
Part Time Volunteer Usher
- To assist in ensuring the safety and comfort of members of the public and staff.
- To adhere to all Fire, Health & Safety Procedures to minimize the risk of injury and accidents.
- To abide by and enforce appropriate licensing regulations.
- To deal effectively with customer problems and enquiries.
- To provide accurate information about the Revelstoke Performing Arts Centre and its productions.
- To ensure all cash and equipment is kept safely whilst on the premises.
- To ensure the public areas are well presented and cleared up at the end of the event.
- To adhere to the House rules and policies.
- To provide a welcoming atmosphere.
- An interest in the performing arts.
- Previous experience of working with the general public.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A willingness to provide first rate customer service.
- Applicants should have the ability to:
- Work calmly and effectively in stressful situations
- Operate successfully in a team
- Deal confidently with the general public
- Use their initiative and prioritise during busy periods